Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:35:43 +0200
From:      "Andreas Rozek" <Andreas.Rozek@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.De>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Christopher Michaels" <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        "Andreas Rozek" <Andreas.Rozek@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.De>, "Tassilo Erlewein" <Tassilo.Erlewein@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.De>
Subject:   AW: Upgrading the kernel from 2.2.x to 3.2

Christopher,

> There are several ways you could do this.
>  1. CVSUP the source code and do a 'make upgrade' (there is
> more to it than
> that).
>  2. Create the boot floppies and do a binary upgrade.
>  3. Backup your date, wipe the system clean, install from scratch.

thanks for the quick reply. From what I read in several notes, a bi-
nary upgrade using  "sysinstall"  sounds most interesting.  Unfortu-
nately,  I could not find any information on how to upgrade a system
using "sysinstall" on the web.

Do you have any hints for me?

Thanks in advance for your effort!

Andreas Rozek
Rechenzentrum Universitaet Stuttgart       ******   **   **   *****
Kommunikationssysteme/BelWue-Entwicklung   **   **  **   **  **
Allmandring 3a                             **   **  **   **  **
D-70550 Stuttgart                          ******   **   **   *****
Telefon: ++49 (711) 685-4514               ** **    **   **       **
Telefax: ++49 (711) 678-8363               **   **   *****   ******
E-Mail:  Andreas.Rozek@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.De