Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:52:10 -0500
From:      Jonathan Chen <jon@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Jose Gabriel J Marcelino <gabriel@maquina.com>
Subject:   Re: Aironet under NEWCARD

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 02:31:19PM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 05-Feb-01 Warner Losh wrote:
> > In message <20010204025751.A16147@devils.maquina.com> Jose Gabriel J
> > Marcelino writes:
> >: - The main problem however is that now the OLDCARD kernel crashes after
> >:   I remove my Cisco 340 (Aironet) PC Card from the only PC card slot
> >:   present.
> > I get this with *ALL* cards.  There's a stray interrupt and the smp
> > folks have broken the "thread exists, but there's no registered
> > interrupt handlers" case.
>
> Erm, that shouldn't be broken.  It works with oldcard just fine, I watch the
> ithreads come and go away without any problems.  Although with newcard, I find
> that my 16-bit cards get the pccbb interrupt instead of the interrupt they
> usually get.  For example, the wavelan gets irq 11 instead of irq 3.  I can try
> to play with this here to see if I can panic it with newcard later on.

Under the current implementation of newcard, 16-bit pcmcia cards will get
the bridge's interrupt if it is hooked up to a pccbb (as opposed to
pcic) bridge.  This is because when I hacked up this mess, I a) was unsure
of how to do pci-isa irq routing on the pccbb, and b) saw that there
appeared to be a way for 16-bit pcmcia cards to share PCI interrupts
through checking the card's ccr status register.  This should probably
still work under isa bridges as the bridge would give the pccard bus a
different interrupt, and the bus would share that amongst the functions on
the same card.

I just acquired a couple of 340's so I'll be playing with this when I get
some time...