Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 16:57:04 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jason McKay <jasonm@webace.com.au>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reboots Automaticly

On Monday, 27 July 1998 at 10:46:00 +0800, Jason McKay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running a P266 MMX, 64megs of RAM with FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE.  It has
> started to reboot with out notice or reason.  Below is the log of automatic
> reboots so far:
>
> reboot   ~                         Mon Jul 27 10:38
> reboot   ~                         Mon Jul 27 09:01
> reboot   ~                         Sun Jul 26 12:16
> reboot   ~                         Thu Jul 23 21:24
> reboot   ~                         Fri Jul 17 19:41
> reboot   ~                         Mon Jul 13 15:45
> reboot   ~                         Sat Jul 11 21:04
> reboot   ~                         Fri Jul 10 07:01
>
> No error messages are reported.  Any suggestions?

This is probably some type of strange hardware problem.  Can we assume
that you haven't installed new software (including a new kernel) or
new hardware?  You also haven't changed your BIOS settings?  Then I'd
guess memory first.  Remove 32 MB of memory and see if it continues.
If it does, then replace those 32 MB with the other 32 MB, etc.

Greg