Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2019 22:13:13 +0200
From:      Christos Chatzaras <chris@cretaforce.gr>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Duplicating file system

> On 20 Feb 2019, at 21:52, Cerebus <kreme@kreme.com> wrote:
>=20
> I have an 11.2 system with two identical SSD drives. Currently I am =
using rsnapshot to keep backups of the primary drive on the secondary =
drive, but I am interested in having the second drive have a duplicate =
copy of the entire file system in a bootable form, updated as the root =
drive is modified.
>=20
> How would I do this?
>=20
> I don=E2=80=99t really want a RAID0 because I want to also keep the =
periodic backups from rsnapshot as the drives are about 10x larger than =
my data.
>=20
> --=20
> This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If both disks have the same size the easiest but not fastest way is to =
use dd:

dd if=3D/dev/ada0 of=3D/dev/ada1 bs=3D64k=