Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 08:52:33 -0400
From:      Stephen Derdau <sderdau@xtdl.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   2nd machine without class c address

I have a second machine that is part of my local network.
One of my machines has a class c address which I can dial out and
connect to the internet on.

The other machine has a 10.0.0.2 address.
I can communicate between the two machines and be connected
to the internet on the one with a class c address. However,
I cannot go onto my 2nd machine and telnet or ping any other
machines outside of my local network, "the 2 machines".

Can what I am trying to do be done without another ip address.

When I telnet from the 2nd machine it tells me no route to host.
I have the 1st system with the class c address as the default
router.  However, that does not seem to work.  I can be
connected on the 1st system with the ip address and get out
to the internet.  But when I telnet to my second machine
and try to ping or anything to a machine out on the net.
I get no route to host.

I am new to this stuff and working on getting an insight to
this whole networking stuff.

Hope I didn't submit this to the wrong news group.

If I did I apologize.

Thanks.