Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:42:09 +0100
From:      Michael <freebsdusb@bindone.de>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Device IDs for HP hs2300 HSDPA modem

Sorry, this contains some off-topic questions, maybe you have answers
anyway...

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 November 2008, Michael wrote:
>
>> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

>>> The ID table in USB2 has been moved to:
>>>
>>> core/usb2_msctest.c
>>>
>>> --HPS
>>>
>> When? I have a 10 day old checkout here, and the sierra wireless device
>> appears in core/usbdevs, include/usb2_devid.h include/usb2_devtable.h
>> and serial/ugensa2.c. Any hint were to find details about what to put
>> where (seems like amoving target :)
>>

> Do you have serial/u3g2.c ?
>
> --HPS

Nope. I used csup to get HEAD on the 15th. CVSWeb says that u3g2.c has
been checked in 33 hours ago. I would assume that using cvs isn't really
recommended for current anymore. What is the best way to follow current
nowadays (SVN/perforce)? My problem is, that I'm actually performing
work on this machine, so I'm not too keen to upgrade constantly (but I
required current for various devices) and usb1 works okay right now. So
maybe somebody can just bring in the devive ids into current that are
proven to work in USB1 (which works okay for me right now), since
obviously I'm not authorized to submit changes anyway - if I have some
extra time  I might checkout the usb2 changes of the last couple of
weeks and test if it actually works  with this device entry and report
back to you. Who is repsonsible for checking in the patches to usb1?

Btw, are there any advantages of using USB2 in terms of power management
on a laptop (even with no external devices attached)? (this might
actually motivate me to play a little bit more with it - right now the
overall power consumption is about 40% higher compared to using products
made in  Redmond). I'm also developing a special acpi driver for HP
machines right now I will most likely submit in a few weeks. Do you
think it is appropriate to submit this to freebsd-acpi for review?

michael