Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2018 07:20:30 +0100
From:      "Vincenzo Di Salvo" <ingegneriaforense@alice.it>
To:        "'Bertrand Petit'" <elrond@phoe.frmug.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-usb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   R: usb's quirks ... how to sniff bios'es messages addressed to usb rom chip

What you surmise, effectively happens.
I can see the same behavior when I directly pluging and then unpluging the
HD using the SATA power connector (I think that this happens for those hard=

disks or usb sticks whose chip is designed to detect a such action).

However, my interest is: how to detect the bit that increment the counter i=
the SMART register using usbdump(8) or wireshark.

Is there a document that explain in details the usbdump output ?
Regarding Wireshark what output string I need to look for (SMART ?  ....
POWER ?)

I kindly contact you to know if someone of the list has already done this
test, if he can address me on the right street among the numerous
informations shown by wireshark or usbdump.

Tutorials also are appreciated (if they exist).

Regards.