Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:22:38 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amavisd-new postfix issue

dave wrote:

> Hello,
>     Alright, i am still having this issue, and now another has cropped up. I
> am getting an error: "server dropped connection before sending the initial
> smtp greeting."
>     The only thing i can think of is i changed some setting trying to get
> this working. However like before that is the only message i'm getting in my
> maillog. If anyone has any suggestions i've posted my configs for postfix
> and amavisd at:
> http://www.davemehler.com/postfix
>     Any suggestions welcome.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

As far as i can see they look okay (but since it involves a lot of lines
i might overlooked something)

Again the question: What does the postfix mention when you add smtpd -v
in the master.cf (The upper smtpd option that is)

Since that gives verbose information it might tell you _what_ is wrong.

Please try that ;-)

Cheers

--
Kind regards,