Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 18:54:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: any news on w2k in the world?

Setting security aside for the moment, what about other issues?
Overall stability, speed, hardware support, administration,
scalability, etc.

I am concerned about all this because i *just* got into Unix, and i
hoped pursuing a job in the field isn't a waste of time.  Now M$
appears with a 'Unix-slayer' OS, at least in their minds, and they put
enough time into development and testing to raise a few eyebrows.  And
unlike previous releases, this one is really getting good reviews.

I just heard from someone recently about several banks that switched
to NT from Unix.  I thought banks would stick to the most robust
systems.  Apparently i was wrong.

Please CC me on all replies