Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 09:57:29 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Jan Beck <jan@janbeck.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: socket programming

Thus spake Jan Beck (jan@janbeck.com):

> I am writing a small server that accepts telnet connections. I am trying to
> disable the display of the password, but am unable to do so. What do I have
> to do to disable the echoing of the password?

Read the RfC, it is: IAC DONT ECHO NUL, which means
"Interprete as Command, Don't ECHO, termination of command".

Send the values: 255 253 1 0 To the server.
Do reenable echo, send "DO" instead of "DONT" . I don't remember, which
command is "DO", but it should be one of 250-254, irrc.

Alex
--
I need a new ~/.sig.