Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:28:48 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
Cc:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
Subject:   Re: bge driver not recognising BCM 5705M

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:

>> I'm somewhat confused.
Bill> So am I: where were you when I asked sent e-mail to this list
Bill> asking for people to test the 5705 changes before I committed
Bill> them?

I very well might not have had this machine.  When did you commit
them?

>> On a recent 5.1-CURRENT, boot -v gives me:

Bill> Actually, boot -v gives you much more, like the date when the
Bill> kernel image was compiled. Too bad you decided not to show
Bill> everything to us.

I didn't want to spam, but my recent current is:

FreeBSD canoe.velocet.net 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Tue Jul 15 17:54:29 EDT 2003     dgilbert@canoe.velocet.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CANOE  i386

Bill> You'll need to investigate this one for yourself. Make *SURE*
Bill> you booted from the right kernel image (strings -a
Bill> /boot/kernel/kernel | grep 5705).  A good way to experiment is
Bill> compile your kernel _WITHOUT_ bge support, and then build
Bill> if_bge.ko as a module:

Bill> # cd /sys/modules/bge # make; make load

I will do that presently.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |