Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 10:36:31 +0100
From:      "Steffen Merkel" <d_f0rce@gmx.de>
To:        "Martin Cracauer" <cracauer@cons.org>, <kip@lyris.com>, <chrisy@flix.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Limited amount of variables in a multithreaded programm?

Hello,

thanks for all your help again first.
As I stated in a previous question, I'v been learning C now for only some
weeks. It seems that I started to work on a project that Is far far away
from my knowledge :-) On the other hand I don't like learning in small
steps. I always try to reach something I'm not capable of yet. I wouldn't
bother you (so often) with my silly questions (as Chris Luke said:
"This really is C-101 type stuff." :-)  ) if you could tell me a book about
programming FreeBSD. I have Stevens "Advanced programming..." and
Haviland's "Unix System programming" but there is not much about threads
in these books. Moreover there is nothing about variable stack sizes in
threads.
So how can I learn this?

For you to know how little my knowledge is, I have to tell you that I've
only
got a vague image of what a stack is :-(
I didn't find anything about stacks in my "C-Beginners Guides". So how could
I know of?

It would by great if there was something like a freebsd-newbie-programmers
mailing list. So I don't have to bother you with my questions.

Steffen