Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:43:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Bobby Knight <tyskdisciplin@yahoo.se>
To:        John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SV: Re: How do I access external USB fat32 160 GB drive?

John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net> skrev:  On Friday 18 August 2006 13:40, Bobby Knight wrote:
> When I try to mount the drive with mount_msdos it tells me the filsystem
> is to big. The drive consists av a single fat32 partition.
>
> Windows can access it so it must be possible in FreeBSD too. I read about
> recompiling the kernel with option MSDOSFS_LARGE. But that option seems to
> be gone i GENERIC now.

Hence the need to compile your own kernel. Refer to /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES
for details on _why_ you may or may not want to use this. Refer to the
handbook for information on how to compile your own kernel (it's easy).

JN

I don't know how to interpret that warning. I won't have more than 1 million files on the fat32 fs. But I will wan't to write to it. Is it not possible to write to it?

  Thank you for your help