Date:      Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:57:44 -0400
From:      nawcom <nawcom@nawcom.no-ip.com>
To:        Jonathan Herriott <herriojr@cinci.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fd_set

Now im your basic programmer, so the only thing i can relate fd_set to
are the file descriptors (bit array i think) which are declared in the
select function. select is used for basic input/output channel control.

So by saying that -

1) perhaps the file that is being built is missing the sys header file,
sys/types.h (if im wrong somebody correct me). I have ended up fixing
#include and #define typos in programs due to an unsuccessful build
which seems to be common, so maybe this may be your case also.

2) there might be something wrong with the header file itself, like
fd_set not being declared.

oh well - like i said -im your basic c/kernel  coder, but this is what i
would check out if i was thrown into your shoes.

good luck,
nawcom
perhaps there might be something wrong with glibc?