Date:      Sat, 5 Sep 1998 09:29:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Marty Leisner <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 3.0 enters BETA status in 12 days!

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Is 3.0 supposed to be elf?
>
> Yes.

Apparently, elf seems very important for you, why ?
I'm using the 3.0-980520-SNAP cdrom it works fine for me
I fear to see a 1st release a little bit too "green"

I have to install about ten machines next month, for several reason
I prefer 3.0. what is the best SNAPSHOT to use ?
(I wont be able to wait for the 1st release and I'll have to do an upgrade
later)

I've had a problem with Yard/SQL so Yard is making a new port to
FreeBSD 3.0.

The problem was bypassed by setting net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack to 0.
when they tried to set TCP_NODELAY the flag was lost.
in fact "dup" lost the flag.

> > Is a snapshot going to be mailed out?
>
> Nope.  Just the 3.0 release on Oct 15th.
>
> - Jordan

Didier Derny
didier@omnix.net