Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 15:47:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MAke buildworld fails here. help?

On 14-Mar-98 Mark Murray wrote:
> Simon Shapiro wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is NOT a complaint against the source tree, just a question about a
>> possible local corruption.
>
> Are you sure your tree is 100% clean? The breakage looks like you may
> have old cruft hanging around.

Probably.  I just noticed this morning the log from cvsup;  totally bizarre.
I also noticed that in some kernel files, the merging of upstream versions
and my local versions is strange too.  rm -rf, here we come.

> Another theory - try moving your source tree (temporarily) to /usr/src
> and see if that works...

That was true for 2.2, but unless somethign changed in the last two days,
it should be OK.

>> Something broke, maybe you can point me in the right direction.
>
> Does the rest of your system build properly?

Up to that point, and the kernel. make buildworld, and make release on 2.2
work fine.

Thanx.  I strongly belive I got the CVS depository corrupted, or the source
tree, or both.