Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:24:06 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Yoichi NAKAYAMA <yoichi@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        Joao Schim <joao@bowtie.nl>, FreeBSD-ports@freebsd.org, Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
Subject:   Re: Checksum mismatch for netscape-remote

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 09:08:01PM +0900, Yoichi NAKAYAMA wrote:
> # Cc: maintainer added
>
> Since you fetched files from FreeBSD mirror site,
> checksum matches trivially. The problem is that
> those files cannot be fetched by fetch with -A option.

Trivially? Not really.
The checksum is generated manually by the maintainer of the port,
not by anything else.

I can't get the files from home.netscape.com, therefor it fetches
them from ftp.freebsd.org. If I can't get them from home.netscape.com,
then Joao shouldn't get them neither (otherwise the problem gets
complicated). Therefor he should have gotten them from ftp.freebsd.org.
And the checksum of the ones at ftp.freebsd.org matches the ones I
have in my distinfo.

Anyway, the problem lies somewhere else :-)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |    Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/weblog.php