Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:09:22 +0800 (CST)
From:      "Justin Yang" <yzmsq@163.com>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Justin Yang <linuxjustin@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re:Re: annoying unexpected red strips on screen

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I'm now wondering whether the "red strips" (maybe aroused by KMS) will dampen my Sandy Bridge Graphics chip. If not, I believe I can ignore this issue temporarily 'cause it only happens occasionally.

At 2013-03-23 14:15:40,"Kevin Oberman" <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Justin Yang <linuxjustin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh, I'm sorry but the picture of "The annoying strips" should be this one:
>> http://i49.tinypic.com/2q3og03.png
>>

>>> Hi, all:
>>> I'm now suffering some "unexpected red strips" on the screen, which
>>> frustrates me a lot. My box runs on a sandy bridge chip, and I've installed
>>> the latest xorg and Intel graphics drivers related ports from xorg-dev. It
>>> runs quite well except the red strips shown on my screen unexpectedly
>>> sometimes (not always, though). I also tried the xorg from our official
>>> ports tree but nothing improved (even worse).
>>>
>>> BTW, I only install the xorg related and Intel graphics drivers from
>>> source code (ports tree), while others, such as firefox, eclipse, are
>>> installed from pre-compiled packages directly from this site:
>>> http://dev.bsdrp.net/pkg/freebsd:9:x86:32/desktop/
>>>
>>> What I've installed:
>>> justin@darkgeek.pts/0 ~ % pkg info | grep -i xorg
>>> linux-f10-xorg-libs-7.4_1      Xorg libraries (Linux Fedora 10)
>>> xorg-fonts-truetype-7.5.1      X.Org TrueType fonts
>>> xorg-minimal-7.5.2             X.Org minimal distribution metaport
>>> xorg-server-1.12.4,1           X.Org X server and related programs
>>> justin@darkgeek.pts/0 ~ % pkg info | grep -i libgl
>>> libGL-8.0.5_3                  OpenGL library that renders using GLX or
>>> DRI
>>> libGLU-8.0.5                   OpenGL utility library
>>> libglade2-2.6.4_5              GNOME glade library
>>> justin@darkgeek.pts/0 ~ % pkg info | grep -i intel
>>> xf86-video-intel-2.21.4        Driver for Intel integrated graphics
>>> chipsets
>>> justin@darkgeek.pts/0 ~ % pkg info | grep -i dri
>>> dri-8.0.5_3,2                  OpenGL hardware acceleration drivers for
>>> the DRI
>>> dri2proto-2.8                  DRI2 prototype headers
>>> libGL-8.0.5_3                  OpenGL library that renders using GLX or
>>> DRI
>>> xf86-input-keyboard-1.6.2      X.Org keyboard input driver
>>> xf86-input-mouse-1.8.1         X.Org mouse input driver
>>> xf86-video-intel-2.21.4        Driver for Intel integrated graphics
>>> chipsets
>>> xf86-video-vesa-2.3.2          X.Org vesa display driver
>>> justin@darkgeek.pts/0 ~ % pkg info | grep -i libdrm