Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:11:45 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Noah <admin2@enabled.com>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: project-open on FreeBSD

On 2007-07-20 09:32, Noah <admin2@enabled.com> wrote:

> yes
>
>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>> On 2007-07-20 09:08, Noah <admin2@enabled.com> wrote:
>>> Has anybody had luck installing project-open on FreeBSD?
>> What is ``project-open''?
>> I don't see anything about it in the Ports Collection. Are we talking
>> about <http://www.project-open.org/>?

Please do not top-post :-)

There's no "port" for this piece of software, and their "simplified
installation guide" from [1] mentions a binary Linux installer.

[1] http://project-open.sourceforge.net/doc/manuals/PO-Unix-Simplified-Install-Guide.pdf

A binary Linux installer is not going to work for FreeBSD, so I'll have
a look at their "advanced unix installation guide" from [2],

[2] http://project-open.sourceforge.net/doc/manuals/PO-Unix-Advanced-Installation-Guide.pdf

but porting a big piece of software like this is probably going to
require at least a moderate amount of effort.  If our Ports team doesn't
have people experienced with project-open, would you be interested in
working with them and maintain the "project-open" port?