Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:47:45 -0500
From:      David Alanis <canito@dalan.us>
To:        Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
Cc:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux for freebsd admins

Quoting Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>:

> Simple question whats the application, and what does it state for
> requirements, by the way anything RPM based or Gentoo completely suck and
> are royal pains in the ASS

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Redhat sucks, you have to pay them monies, it's dependancy hell, AND =20
you have to do things their way - otherwise your system will be shizz. =20
Yeah, what are your goals for this system?

On the other hand, Gentoo is very clean and the next best thing to =20
FreeBSD. If you look up their history, Gentoo is a Linux deritive of =20
freeBSD it has many things in common if you ask me (thanks to Gentoo I =20
am now on freeBSD).

> so... i wonder why this app wouldnt run on Ubuntu Server or Debian for tha=
> matter, whats the application, because Debian is by far the easiest and mo=
st
> sensible from a mmanageability aspect

Why do you want to dumb down? I don't want to talk down any Linux =20
system (EXCEPT RED HAT) but Gentoo is more stable, and the footprint =20
is quite small, more manageable, and they don't put out release after =20
release. Gentoo is more of a server system but makes a great desktop =20
as well.