Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 14:41:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        kmanu@heuristec.com (K S Manu)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: supported hardware question

In a previous message, K S Manu said:
> hello,
>
>   I just bought dell PC (400 mhz) with windows 98 (ugh) and was
> wondering if I can  install freebsd on it. The hardware in my system
> (video card, disk controller, etc) consists of the generic stuff sold by
> dell. Does this configuration present a problem?  Also, I'm thinking of
> getting ADSL connection.. is it supported in freebsd? Any information
> would be greately appreciated.

Our DSL product (which on paper I am now supporting, but haven't really
started yet), should work fine with FreeBSD, all you need is a network
card in your PC and dhcp running on that device. You'll either get a
IP address from the DSL modem or from the MegaCentral if the modem is
in bridge mode.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S		PAG: +1 (800) SKY-PAGE PIN: 537-7270