Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 03:55:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      laszlo vagner <vagner@mutsgo.dyn.ml.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fetch and kill

can someone please send me a script to do this as i am not
too good at knowing script language yet.

i want to fetch a webpage and if it doesn't return the page, i want
to hang up the modem and redial or kill and restart ppp (same result).

someone suggested something like

fetch http://www.freebsd.org/index.html || kill ppp

or something to this effect, i dont know what || means?

i thought something like

if  (fetch http://www.freebsd.org/index.html = false) then 'killall ppp'
        else exit
        execute ppp -auto -alias pmdemand

i know it is not in the right format but thats what I need.. the syntax to do
this.

thanks

George