Date:      Tue, 13 May 1997 16:01:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha questions..

In message <10485.863559171@time.cdrom.com> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
: > I'm grabbing mine from gatekeeper.dec.com right now.  It looks like
: > there is a ECOFF program called loadlin.exe for Windows NT.  The SRM
:

: Erm.  That sure looks like a DOS executable to me. ;-)

Can't be a dos program on an Alpha :-)  File doesn't say that it is a
DOS exe.  Looking at the header shows that it isn't a DOS exe.
However, file doesn't know what it is.  Since the first 5 bytes aren't
ELF64 or ELF32, I concluded it must be an ECOFF binary since all other
forms that I'm aware of start with two ASCII letters.

Warner