Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 23:06:59 -0500
From:      Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lotsa Questions

Well, where to begin.  I got the 2.1.0-snap installed.  Thanks for
everyone's help on the lnc0 card.  It turns out that something just
isn't working right with either my Cabletron NE2100 compatible, the
kernel support for that card, or both!

So, I went out and got myself a NE2000.  Problems solved.  8)

There are a few other things that I want to do now.  First, I want to
recompile my kernel.  Unfortunately, I forgot to have the ftp
installation install the source files.  I haven't yet mastered sup, and
I would rather worry about learning it after I build my kernel.  Where
can I find the source code for the kernel.  Is there an archive with it
that I can just untar and work from?

Where is getty located?  I swear for the life of me, I can't find it.

Finally, I want to modify my console a bit.  Is there anyway to put the
console into 80x50 line mode as oppossed to the default 80x25.  In a
similar vein, is there a utility that will allow me change the colors
on the console?  I think what I'm looking for is FreeBSD's equivilent
of Linux's 'setterm' command.  Does such a beast exist?

As always, thanks in advance...

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8