Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:16:03 +0200
From:      Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>
To:        "Arun G Nair" <arungnair@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unable to mount VCD's

--Sig_K3X1rPf5VtIMfzGlfrJi30M

"Arun G Nair" <arungnair@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Am unable to mount VCD's on freebsd 6.1. I have a custom kernel.
> When trying to mount it says input/output error. Am trying to copy a
> VCD as i can't play the last part of any vcd. Mplayer always says
> broken frame when it reaches the end. :( I can mount all other data
> CD's.

Like Audio CDs Video CDs have no file system and can't be mounted.

You could copy it with dd or readcd and cdrecord or burncd,
but it's unlikely that it will fix the broken frames.=20

You could also try readcd's -c2scan option to see if
the disc itself is ok.=20

Fabian
--=20
http://www.fabiankeil.de/