Date:      Sun, 31 Dec 1995 21:57:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
Cc:        Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp as su & normal user

On Mon, 1 Jan 1996, Carey Nairn wrote:

> 	xterm -e ppp &
>
> which just starts ppp in a new window for me.  I have also used the
> demand dial feature of ppp at times, in fact I set up a FreeBSD box for a
> local business to connect their Windows LAN to their ISP and run POP mail
> clients to retrieve their mail in this way (it was a very nice solution for
> them).

	can you believe it...i set up a 2.1.0 box for a firm downtown
that uses microsoft office and their smtp gateway.  dedicated 28.8 link
to a local service provider.   the smtp gateway box crashed everyday.
thousands of $ in software.  installed a 2.1.0 to talk to the service
provider and then send the mail on microsh*t smtp gateway.....no more
crashes.

	blimey, one computer (2.1.0) to prevent another computer from dying.
and microsh*t is a multi-billion dollar company.  sh*t sells.

	bloody unbelieveable.

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG