Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:18:06 +0000
From:      "Frank Shute" <frank@esperance-linux.co.uk>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   Re: Has anybody written a script to automate CD duplication?

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 10:39:51PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	I can live with gnome-cd to play my CD's ...  or use sound-juicer
> 	to play and extract if I want to use up that much space.  But
> 	nothing that we FBSDer's have will copy an audio CD using the ATAPI
> 	drive.

Have you tried Grip? It rips tracks (and encodes them if you want)
which can then be burned using burncd(8). Grip also has a CD player
with it.

It uses cdparanoia to do the ripping.

>	The online handbook clearly spells it out.

Where?

>	But is there any other way?  Has anybody cobbled together a
>	script that uses dd and burncd?

Not necessary.

> 	thanks much,

HTH.

Disclaimer: I've never burned an audio CD, just know you can do it.
See burncd manpage.

--

 Frank

 Contact info: http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/misc/contact.html