Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 20:37:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        John Purser <johnmpurser@home.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kerberos and Win 2000: Heads up! or The beat goes on!

Here is the dilemma as i see it....

I am not in favor of government interference in business, but it seems
that nothing else will stop the M$ monopoly.  They already have such a
strong hold, that when they leverage new ideas and concepts, they have
a juggernaut of installed systems that automatically increase the
momentum of their movement.  It makes it almost impossible to stop,
because if we choose alternative OS's, we pay a price for M$'s lack of
vision and desire to support non-M$ platforms.  And they continue to
do this, time after time.  No matter how 'superior' or flexible we
feel *nix to be, M$ will continue to make it downright inconvenient
for us because they refuse to play fair.  They clearly are out for
their own profit and monopoly extension, not the interest of customers
who may choose a mix of OS's because it is better for them.

Please CC me on all replies