Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:11:00 +0100
From:      Sven Mueller <sven@hitnet.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        Thomas von Hassel <t@garbage.dk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache stress testing tool ?

Hello!

I checked ab on my FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE server with installed
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.11 and
mod_gzip-1.3.19.1a,
mod_log_mysql-1.14,
mod_perl-1.27,
mod_php4-4.2.3

for three times.
Two times the server rebooted without a messages in the logfiles! :-(

For one time it worked.

Does anyone has any idea, why the server rebooted??

I used the following command:
ab -n 1000 -c 1000 http://target

The same test works without any problems on an old pentium 133 with
Freebsd RELEASE 4.7, but only with installed perl an php modules.

Thanks for help!!!!!!!!!

Greetings, Sven