Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:13:29 +0100
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        arno@heho.snv.jussieu.fr, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ntp problems; am i the only one?

> This might be a firewall-issue of the university, but then, even
> "ntpdate -v box-next-to-me" gives the sames behaviour.

Try giving the '-u' argument to ntpdate... I needed that to get through
a firewall when I used ntpdate to set the clock on my boxes.

> I would be glad to know if there is another european FreeBSD sysadmin
> who can tell me if he is capable or not to use ntp.

For what its worth I am using ntp quite happily in three completely
separate locations; and two of those are runnign a -STABLE from
last week. The NTP servers are all in the UK:

server 195.66.241.2   # ntp.linx.net
server 195.66.241.3   # ntp.linx.net
server 158.43.128.33    # ntp0.pipex.net
server 158.43.128.66    # ntp1.pipex.net
server 158.43.192.66    # ntp2.pipex.net
server 194.72.6.51      # ntp0.bt.net
server 194.74.77.190    # ntp1.bt.net
server 194.72.6.60      # ntp2.bt.net

-pcf.