Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:03:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Ramirez <marc.ramirez@bluecirclesoft.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to determine the version of sshd

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Bill Moran wrote:

> ssh has the -V switch to display the version.
>
> sshd does not appear to have similar functionality.  Is there a way to verify
> the version of sshd running on a FreeBSD system?

mrami@www[/usr/src]
$ sshd -v
sshd: illegal option -- v
sshd version OpenSSH_3.5p1 FreeBSD-20030201
Usage: sshd [options]
  -f file    Configuration file (default /etc/ssh/sshd_config)
  -d         Debugging mode (multiple -d means more debugging)
  -i         Started from inetd
  -D         Do not fork into daemon mode
  -t         Only test configuration file and keys
  -q         Quiet (no logging)
  -p port    Listen on the specified port (default: 22)
  -k seconds Regenerate server key every this many seconds (default: 3600)
  -g seconds Grace period for authentication (default: 600)
  -b bits    Size of server RSA key (default: 768 bits)
  -h file    File from which to read host key (default:
/etc/ssh/ssh_host_key)
  -u len     Maximum hostname length for utmp recording
  -4         Use IPv4 only
  -6         Use IPv6 only
  -o option  Process the option as if it was read from a configuration
file.
mrami@www[/usr/src]
$

Although, apparently, it's not entirely accurate WRT the patch... This is
what I get after having supped and only rebuilt sshd... I'm doing a
buildworld right now, which might give different results.

Marc.

--
Marc Ramirez
Blue Circle Software Corporation