Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:50:19 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        Brent Wiese <brently@bjwcs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postfix - Sasl - mysql

On 4/7/2004 12:32 PM Brent Wiese wrote:

>>Brent Wiese wrote:
>>

>>>I (tried) following the instructions at:
>>>http://high5.net/howto/
>>>
>>>I have postfix virtual users working in MySQL. I have
>>>

>>courier imap/pop3
>>

>>>working w/ virtual users. I wanted to add SMTP auth.
>>>
>>>I added the cyrus-sasl2 port (also chose support for it in
>>>

>>postfix port)
>>

>>>"WITH_MYSQL".
>>>
>>>No go.
>>>
>>>I added the following lines to
>>>

>>/usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf (found this
>>

>>>in another faq/tutorial, so it may be incorrect)
>>>
>>>sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
>>>sasl_auxprop_plugin: sql
>>>

>>   sql_engine: mysql
>>   mech_list: login plain crammd6 digestmd5
>>

>>>sql_user: postfix-user
>>>sql_passwd: thepassword
>>>sql_database: postfix
>>>sql_statement: SELECT password FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u'
>>>sql_verbose: yes
>>>

>>That works for me..
>>

>No go. Still getting "no user in db" in /var/log/maillog.
>
>I get:
>postfix/smtpd[23761]: sql_select option missing
>postfix/smtpd[23761]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
>In /var/log/messages
>
>I turned on logging in mysql and it didn't log any queries.
>
>Any other suggestions?

Have you verified that "smtpd_sasl_local_domain =" and not
"smtpd_sasl_local_domain =$myhostname" as shown in the how-to?  Although
I wasn't using MySQL, I still got the "no user in db" and "no secret in
database" messages you were getting.  It stumped me for weeks until I
stumbled across the Postfix bug tidbit on the web.  I'd be real curious
to know if that solves your problems.

Cheers,

Drew