Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:40:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net>
To:        colm ennis <colm.ennis@eircom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: raid: dell perc 4/dc support & amr queries

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, colm ennis wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm considering purchasing raid controllers bundled with some dell 1750's.
>
> the current raid controller's offered by dell with these devices are:
> 	perc 4/di
> 	perc 4/dc
>
> the perc 4/di seems to be an embedded megaraid device which is supported
> by the amr driver:
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html

Hi!

Well, just had these days a stock 1750 to play with for one day, and
FreeBSD 4.9-pre installed without hassle, the RAID was recognized fine.
(After it, it went to our linux guys for final deployment...)

Yes, the 4/Di is onboard on the 1U machine.

Don't know about management utils, for the 3/Di there should have been
some adaptec stuff around...

HTH
Olaf

--
Olaf Hoyer        ohoyer@gaff.hhhr.ision.net
Fuerchterliche Erlebniss geben zu raten,