Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2006 05:19:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "J. Armando Velazco Velazco" <javv@soluciones-noether.com>
To:        riccardo_diago <riccardo.diago@pharmaidea.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: System monitoring

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, riccardo_diago wrote:

> hi all,
> I'm newbie w/ freebsd.
> i'm trying to install freebsd 6.1 to create a server only to monitoring
> the others.
> Anybody has experience with cacti and nagios?

 	Hi! :) Nagios+MRTG for monitoring mi little network!(FreeBSD 5.4)
and it work very well; list of devices to monitoring:

3 Routers
2 Windows 2000 servers
1 Windows 2003 AS
1 Linux SuSE Server
2 RHEL AS Server
1 Trixbox Server
24 Windows XP

And i have not experienced problems at least.

     Good Day.

 	PS. Sorry, my english is very, very poor.

> or if u can suggest me other solution would be great. :-)
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Rik

        "No lo intentes, hazlo o no lo hagas, pero no lo intentes; a
         menudo se dice que no hay Arte sin Disciplina, ni Disciplina
        \sin sacrificio... creo que tienen raz'on ;) "               /
         \_______  _________________________________________________/
                 |/
         \\|//
          o o