Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:00:47 -0500
From:      "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   debugging ipnat

I have a simple port-forwarding rule that I want to work from my
gateway to a box on my LAN, but it doesn't seem to be working.

[msoulier@kanga ~]$ sudo ipnat -l
Password:
List of active MAP/Redirect filters:
rdr tun0 0.0.0.0/32 port 6882 -> 192.168.1.3 port 6882 tcp

Trying to telnet to port 6882 on the public interface from outside, I
just get a connection refused. The port is open in the firewall.
tcpdump shows the traffic arriving, and a reset packet in response.
tcpdump on the private interface shows nothing, so no attempt to
forward the traffic is made.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike