Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:39:57 -0500
From:      Jeff Beley <jeffb@cameron.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nat on a bridge

Is the follow scenario possible:

router* ======FreeBSD Router====localnet with "real" ip's
        redirects certain ports

*I have no control of this device

Currently I have FreeBSD setup as a bridge/firewall(I haven't been able to make
it redirect packets but have been able to filter)...I've tried ipnat, natd,
tproxy, ipfw(divert and fwd) with no avail.  The ideal situation would be for
a client to make a http request and have the FreeBSD box redirect to a proxy
server.  Thanks in advance.

--Jeff
--
we embrace technology, we learn from it, we use it, and we exploit it.
technology is a very powerful tool, as is knowledge, but some people go beyond

PGP Key ID 0xF0DE9044