Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:20:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
To:        Lars Olsson <xds@telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SV: Raid monitoring - 6.2 RELEASEE - Dell SC440

--0-1290272212-1184952018=:62485

There might not even be one for Linux yet:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-poweredge&m=116657592817014&w=2
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DmraidStatus

It seems to be standards-based somehow, though:

http://people.redhat.com/~heinzm/sw/dmraid/readme

I know NetBSD ld(4) can extract that information at scan time, but I don't
know about re-poll()'ing after boot:

mlx0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: Mylex RAID (v2 interface)
mlx0: interrupting at dec 6600 irq 12
mlx0: DAC960P/PD, 3 channels, firmware 2.70-0-00, 8MB RAM
ld0 at mlx0 unit 0: RAID0, online
ld0: 4092 MB, 2078 cyl, 64 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 8380416 sectors
ld1 at mlx0 unit 1: RAID0, online

( ld(4) attached to amr(4) for the MegaRAID 'lite' soft-raid HBAs)

~~BAS