Date:      Thu, 09 Dec 1999 13:14:47 +0100
From:      Jens Gerlach Christensen <jechrist@dscc.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD as NIS Client

I wrote 4 days ago to get some help on setting up my freebsd 3.3 as a
NIS client.
Thanks for the replys, but they didn't help.
Anyway. I found the problem, or at least the answer:
The loopback adapter lo0 wasn't configured as localhost.
So I added ifconfig_lo0="127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0"
and nis started working.

I'd like to know the explanation to this, so if anyone can point me to
some
documentation, I'd be very glad.

Howcome lo0 isn't setup during normal installation?

Regards Jens Gerlach Christensen