Date:      Sun, 01 Jan 2006 15:31:59 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, ale@freebsd.org, oliver@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: security/courier-authlib-base (rc.d changes problem)

Mike Jakubik wrote:
> It seems that since the new rc.d MFC, the courier authdaemond does not
> start up properly. My setup uses mysql, here is the error i get when
> booting:
>
> FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #0: Thu Dec 29 15:08:50 EST 2005 amd64
>
> Dec 31 13:45:45 mail authdaemond: modules="authmysql", daemons=5
> Dec 31 13:45:45 mail authdaemond: Installing libauthmysql
> Dec 31 13:45:45 mail authdaemond: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.14"
> not found, required by "libauthmysql.so"
> Dec 31 13:45:47 mail postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail
> system
> Dec 31 13:45:47 mail postfix/master[657]: daemon started -- version
> 2.2.7, configuration /usr/local/etc/postfix

You didn't mention what version of mysql you are using, but this seems to be
a problem with the mysql startup. authdaemond REQUIRE's mysql, which has
this in the mysql-server.sh file:

# PROVIDE: mysql
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS
# BEFORE: DAEMON
# KEYWORD: shutdown

It is unclear to me why mysqld has to start before DAEMON, and in fact that
seems bogus, but there may be a good reason for it. At minimum, ldconfig
should be added to the REQUIRE line, as it is possible for ldconfig to run
after NETWORKING and SERVERS, but before DAEMON, and still be after
mysql-server is run.

Try adding ldconfig to the REQUIRE line of your copy of
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh and see if it solves this problem for
you, and report the results.

hth,

Doug