Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:23:56 +0000
From:      "Luis P. Mendes" <luislupe@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kbdmux disabled --> no useable keyboard?!

  Hi,

  I'm setting up a multiseat workstation, where two users, with two
  monitors, two keyboards, two mice and two X sessions can be
  connected to the same computer at the same time.

  For this to happen, one of the things that is necessary to do is to
  disable kbdmux in order for the two keyboards to be considered
  independent.

  In the past, I've accomplished this with syscon, which had other
  problems.  But now with vt, when I disable kbdmux either on
  /boot/device.hints or in /boot/loader.conf with:
    hint.kbdmux.0.disabled="1"

  No keys are recognized by the OS, although dmesg seems to know about
  the existence of the USB keyboard.

  So, I'm stuck on this.  Is this an intended feature of kbdmux?  What
  should I do to be able to use two keyboards (in X) independently,
  and still be able to use one in the console.

  I'm running FreeBSD 64bits 10-STABLE with a recent upgrade.
--

Luis Mendes