Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:50:23 -0500
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Losing time on apm -Z (despite pmtimer)

I have acpi disabled and apm enabled in /boot/device.hints
because acpi didn't do standby properly: apm -Z wouldn't turn off the
screen backlight, and on reawakening the screen would be messed up.
(acpiconf -s {2,3} didn't work either.)   With acpi, the following
problem doesn't exist.  It also didn't exist on 4-STABLE.

When I put the laptop into standby (apm -Z) -- suspend doesn't work --
the clock stays where it was before standby, when reawakened.  (eg, if
standby'd at 10:20 and reawakened at 11:00, it still shows 10:20).

I have "device pmtimer" in my kernel config, and
  hint.pmtimer.0.at="isa"
in /device/hints.  dmesg shows
  pmtimer0 on isa0

This is -CURRENT cvsupped and built Jan 21, 2003.

Any ideas?  Any more information I can give?

Thanks,

Rahul