Date:      Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:17:51 -0700
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Gerrit Beine <gerrit@beine-computer.de>, Shane Ambler <Shane@007marketing.com>, tux@pinguru.net
Subject:   Re: Zend Studio

On Monday 10 October 2005 05:26,  the author Gerrit Beine contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: Zend Studio:

>Am Samstag, 8. Oktober 2005 18:39 schrieb Vizion:
>> Sorry but that view is totally unreal.
>>
>> Not one of the ZendStudio tarballs will install and run successfully on
>> Freebsd 5.3.
>>
>> The server tarball will.
>>
>> So will someone please revisit the false notion that ports are not
>> necessary for Zend. It looks as though the tarballs are designed to work
>> on zenix but not on freebsd.
>>
>> I am hopeful that there will be some response fairly soon.
>
>Heyho,
>
>all ZendStudio versions after 3.5.2 will not run on FreeBSD.
>I've tried many different ways to get newer version running, but I wasn't
> able to do this. Zend did not respond to my questions, so the ZendStudio
> port is out of date and it seems to be no chance for changing this.
>
>So long...

OK I am in touch with Zend and there is some hope that they may collaborate.

I will let you know if/when I have something to report.

The most interesting file is:
ZendStudioClient-4.0.2-Linuxi386_plain.tar.gz
I am working with Zend i9n the hope we might get that working.

david

>Gerrit

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.