Date:      Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:17:44 -0500
From:      "R. Scott Lawyer" <lawyeray@hvcc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Proliant 1600, Dual PIII-550MHz, 512MB Ram, SmartArray 221,Raid 5 - 4 X 18.2GB

Has anyone out there had any experience installing FreeBSD on a Compaq
Proliant 1600.  My machine has dual PIII 550MHz, 512 MB RAM, SmartArray
221 Raid Controller with a RAID 5 Array (4 x 18.2GB).  I choose 5.0
because of the listed support for the RAID controller, but will be happy
with any version that works.

The CD boots until it finds the DLT Tape Drive and then received the
following error messages:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0
/stand/sysinstall running as init on vty0
panic: general protection fault

syncing disks, buffers remaining... panic: bdwrite: buffer is not busy
Uptime: 20s

Any help is appreciated.   I am a FreeBSD newbie.

Scott