Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:42:46 +0530
From:      Ashok <ashok@stph.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reg FreeBSD Network problem

Hello,
        I am Ashok from India. I installed FreeBSD 3.1 Release and i
have one problem reg network.

I my Compaq (Intel Processor) System ony IRQ  3 is free. So i set my
NE2000 card to IRQ 3 and Port address 0x300 and successfully connected
to Canada FTP Site and installed all distributions. But after rebooting
after installation, my card is not recognised by the Kernel because of
it is searching the card at port address 0x280. Why it becomes like
that? How would i  configure the kernel to recoginse my card with IRQ 3
and port address 0x300. And is the Kernel supports Compaq 10/100 TXI PCI
UTP Controller ethernet cards. Then  how would i configure the kernel to
recognise this card. Please give me fast reply.

yours faithfully,
    Ashok.