Date:      7 May 1998 07:26:17 -0000
From:      Jason Nordwick <nordwick@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   help building GNU gettext.

Has anybody tried to get GNU gettext-0.10 to compile on a -current box ?
And got a screenfule of warning on all the sed postprocessing, but
'make check' says that all tests passed (asside from the annoying
behavior of having ./configure DEFINE __P in config.h and getting
a warning on _every_ file saying that it is redefined, how lame).

Has anybody ever tried ?  Here is a small sample of what I got alot
of:

gcc -c -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/locale\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../lib -I../intl -I../intl  -g -O  po-lex.c
In file included from /usr/include/runetype.h:42,
                 from /usr/include/ctype.h:51,
                 from po-lex.c:25:
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:62: warning: `__P' redefined
../config.h:12: warning: this is the location of the previous definition

sed -f ../intl/po2msg.sed < no@nynorsk.po > no@nynorsk.msg  && rm -f no@nynorsk.cat && /usr/bin/gencat no@nynorsk.cat no@nynorsk.msg
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 11
2
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 28
7
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 31
8
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 38
10
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 44
12
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 50
14
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 56
16
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 59
17
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 64
18
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 67
19
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 70
20
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 73
21
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 76
22
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 79
23
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 82
24
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 85
25
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 88
26
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 91
27
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 94
28
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 97
29
gencat: specified msg doesn't exist on line 103
31

++