Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 1997 16:46:26 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Dayton Clark <dayton@sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current, goliath, smp -- problems

Hi,

>     o	Emacs doesn't work at all and I can't do much without emacs 8-).
> 	The emacs from the packages distribution hangs.  I brought over
> 	emacs 20.2 it dereferences a null pointer in malloc_internal().  I
> 	compiled 19.34 in /usr/ports and it gets a segment violation in
> 	malloc_internal() but at a different location.  This happens with
> 	both the UP and SMP kernels.

rtld was broken on december 3rd, causing emacs to die.  OI think it was
fixed by the 5th or 6th.

I'm at a loss about the other 2 problems.  They may be related to 4 CPUs,
but I have been TOTALLY unsuccessful in getting access to a 4 CPU
machine for testing.  Show of hands, anyone successfully running SMP on 4
or more CPUs?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by