Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 2000 03:45:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fxtv: capturing image

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Marc Schneiders:
>  |I recently installed a TV-card and Fxtv on a 4.0-current machine.
>  |Everything was great. Now, however, the capture/grab doesn't work any
>  |longer.
>  |Fxtv now gives the error message: "No frozen image found."
>  |I did press the freeze button and there is one there though.
>  |The cause may be some change in current, as I rebuilt 5 days
>  |ago. As I do not use the grab often, I am not sure it did not already
>  |occur before the build. It was working though when I installed.
>  |Any ideas where I should look for an explanation/solution?
>
> Did you get a resolution to this?

I did not so far.

> My guess is you really didn't get a
> frozen frame.  Iconify the fxtv window and then deiconify it.  If you don't
> see the frozen image, then fxtv didn't get one, which likely means the
> Bt848 driver didn't send us the "got a frame" signal.

I did this: froze the image, then minimized fxtv. The frozen image
disappears (as I would imagine in my stupidity it should be). When I
double click the icon, fxtv comes back with a black screen. So the
picture has indeed 'disappeared' or was never taken at all? Clicking
on the freeze/defreeze button gives me a moving pic again.

Does this mean anything to you? Please enlighten me! And thanks!

Marc

--
Marc Schneiders

marc@venster.nl
marc@oldserver.demon.nl

propro         	  3:40am  up   7 days,   5:29,  load average: 2.07 2.05 2.01