Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:56:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        Greg Fausak <lgfausak@august.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: creation and connection of netgraph nodes

Greg Fausak writes:
> I seem to be fumbling around with creating and connecting
> netrgraph nodes.  I've built the one2many node, and am trying to
> link it up:
>
> Can someone post an example of creating a couple of nodes and
> then connecting them up.
>
> I've read the man pages and examples, I just can seem to get the
> hang of creating and connecting.   Are there more examples anywhere?

You might take a look at

  /usr/share/examples/netgraph/ether.bridge

Also the man page included with ng_one2many has an example
(guess that wasn't sufficient).

Your basic commands are "mkpeer" (create and attach a new
peer node to an existing node) and "connect" (connect two
existing nodes).

Also try "ngctl help mkpeer", etc. And don't forget that
absolute addresses require a colon.

-Archie