Date:      Thu, 6 Aug 1998 22:59:38 +0200
From:      Dang-Ngoc TUYET-TRAM <Dang-Ngoc.Tuyet-Tram@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ELF binary type not known

Hello,

I have installed FreeBSD3.0 (19980520-SNAPSHOT) on a dual pentium pro.

Every time I try to execute an ELF binary (jdk, staroffice..), I get an error
"Elf binary type not known
Abort trap"

I had checked in my /etc/rc.conf that linux_enable="YES", and if I do a
modstat, I get
Type Id Off Loadaddr Size Info Rev ModuleName
EXEC 0  4   f5bb4000 0020 f5bbb010 1 linux_mod

I tried to build the kernel with
options COMPAT_LINUX
options "EXT2FS"

and it doesn't works. I also tried to build the kernel without these options
enabled, same thing.

Could someone give me some help me please  ?

Thanks,

Tuyet Tram DANG NGOC
--
dntt@prism.uvsq.fr