Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:37:44 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Charles Farinella <cfarinella@appropriatesolutions.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH

On 2007-03-28 17:23, Charles Farinella <cfarinella@appropriatesolutions.com> wrote:
> New to FreeBSD.  How can I update my LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
>
> In Linux I modify my /etc/ld.so.conf file and run ldconfig.  Is there
> an equivalent here?  A pointer to docs would be fine.

The *important* question, of course, is why do you need to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

You can do this either in your shell startup scripts, or in
/etc/login.conf (for all users), but please before you do,
read the post at:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.solaris/msg/a8f9eeda832e17d2?dmode=source

It's a post I recently made to comp.unix.solaris with a detailed comment
about LD_LIBRARY_PATH usage in Solaris, but similar things apply to
programs compiled and installed on FreeBSD too.

HTH,
Giorgos